District of Colombia.
September 30, 2019
- Spending time with my loved ones, celebrating a birthday, and meeting new friends.
- Our special tour of Howard with an alumnus as our tour guide (@dreamsofjasmine).
- Visiting the National Museum of African American History and Culture and seeing Senator John Lewis retrace his memory of segregation while being recorded for an upcoming documentary.
- Eating lunch and dinner at restaurants at The Wharf while overlooking the beautiful waterfront of the Potomac River. My favorite restaurants were Mi Vida and Kith and Kin.
- Staying at The Line D.C. and becoming close friends with so many of the wonderful staff.
- Zipping through the streets on Bird scooters to enjoy the scenic routes of the city and avoid DC’s jigsaw traffic.